Welcome to the Thunder River Renegades Club Forum. We’re a Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) Community located in Planterville, TX. Weather you’re already a club member or a prospective new shooter, come join in on the conversation. Just please follow the basic rules of etiquette.
1. Watch you language, there’s ladies around here!
2. Be courteous to others and they’ll do the same.
3. If you want someone to respect your opinion, please respect theirs.
4. Please no spam!
We Moderate these forums regularly to make sure they’re kept clean and spam free so if you find an issue somewhere notify the admin or one of the Moderators please.
LOSS of SAFETY GLASSES MID-STAGE (final ROC ruling) Mar 1, 2018
1) Shooter must STOP (or be stopped) immediately due to the seriousness of the SAFETY issue involved.
This would NOT constitute "RO impeding/interference" in handling a shooter's equipment failure;
therefore there would be NO GROUNDS for a restart/reshoot.
Precedent exists regarding the handling of a suspected "squib" during stage engagement.
2) If the shooter is able to remedy the issue SAFELY, s/he may continue the stage after resolution.
An RO should be allowed to "safely assist" the shooter in this case (e.g. retrieve & return dropped safety glasses to the shooter if the shooter has a cocked firearm in hand)
3) If the shooter is unable to SAFELY resolve the situation (e.g. glasses are broken or end up ahead of an active firing line), the shooter would receive a DNF due to inability to continue and complete the stage*.
*Applying the RO2 rules regarding malfunctioning firearms and suspected squibs, if either of those occur while using the LAST firearm of the stage, the penalties for "unfired rounds" would be assessed.
If mid-stage with functional firearms remaining to complete the stage and the shooter decides to quit at that point, a DNF would apply because the shooter Did Not Finish.
check out entire topic on SASS Wire: https://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/272625-loss-of-safety-glasses-mid-stage/
RVN War Games: 2nd Place
SASS Vet 280
Another important note on this one. An RO can hand the shooter someone else's spare glasses in the event that the shooter's glasses are unusable. Realistically, the DNF would only get handed out if the shooter didn't want to continue.
How do I edit? I wanted to add that the part about handing the shooter a completely new set of glasses if needed is per PWB.