Welcome to the Thunder River Renegades Club Forum.  We’re a Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) Community located in Planterville, TX.  Weather you’re already a club member or a prospective new shooter, come join in on the conversation.  Just please follow the basic rules of etiquette.

1. Watch you language, there’s ladies around here!
2. Be courteous to others and they’ll do the same.
3. If you want someone to respect your opinion, please respect theirs.
4. Please no spam!

We Moderate these forums regularly to make sure they’re kept clean and spam free so if you find an issue somewhere notify the admin or one of the Moderators please.

Extreme Cartridge C...

Notifications
Clear all

Extreme Cartridge Checker!

nile-city-slick
(@nile-city-slick)
Active Member Registered

I found a solution to my reloading issues with high primers and occasional split cases. Taylor Tactical Supply in Austin has the one I need. They make them for a lot of modern and two Cowboy cartridges 38 & 45 colt.

EGW makes some good stuff but they won't do a multi-hole chamber checker that is recessed for the rim, like the single hole ones do [Wilson, Hornady, Lyman, etc.]. I asked and they told me to hold their up to the light and look for high primers. Very condescending reply. 

I am not lazy but I hate doing more work than I have to. So checking every reloaded round is a PIAN! This way I can do 20 at a time. I sent them an email hoping they would advertise in The Cowboy Chronicle because I'm sure I'm not the only cowboy who hates chamber checking one round at a time.

Slick

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/20rd-case-gauge-p/20-rd-gauge.htm

Topic starter Posted : November 5, 2018 2:43 pm
Share: