Select Page

Gunsmith  

RSS
RamblinGambler
(@ramblingambler)
Eminent Member Registered

Anyone know a good gunsmith for our kinda guns?  Preferably on the north side or around jersey village, unless it's a club member who I can meet at the range.  I was using John Powers, but he's moved away. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 21, 2018 3:37 pm
Blackpowder Burn
(@blackpowderburn)
Eminent Member Moderator

Unfortunately, no.  I think we're all searching for one now.  If you find one, let us know.

My business travels let me pass through Fredericksburg on a fairly regular basis, and I'm trying the one Cimarron uses - RH Custom Guns.  I liked the look of their operation when I was there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2018 5:26 pm
jrl5678
(@jrl5678)
Active Member Registered

Eddie over near 45 and main. If you want I will post his web address.

He used to work for Herman over in the Heights.

He is pretty good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2018 4:12 pm
RamblinGambler
(@ramblingambler)
Posted by: jrl5678

Eddie over near 45 and main. If you want I will post his web address.

He used to work for Herman over in the Heights.

He is pretty good.

Yeah, how do I get in touch with him? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2018 2:12 pm
jrl5678
(@jrl5678)
Active Member Registered

Eddies gun shop

713-702-3436

He is just off 45 and main but call him. He keeps afternoon hours

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2018 6:44 pm
RamblinGambler
(@ramblingambler)

Bumping this to say I used eddie and he did a fine job fitting my conversion cylinders and polishing the action.  I spoke with him a bit and he seemed to know what he was doing with these old guns.  Then I figured out the gun was spitting something out the sides.  Definitely some powder but also probably shaving lead.  When I told him about it, he seemed to know just what to do.  He's still got the guns so I haven't tested out this fix yet.  He's pretty quick too.  He got the cylinders fitted the same day.  The only reason he's still got the guns is because I had him order new hammer springs and they haven't come in yet. 

The only thing I don't like about him is his location.  I hate driving in houston.  But his hours make it a little easier.  he opens at about 10 or 11 AM and stays open till about 9PM.  So I can go see him at lunch time or after work more easily than I could if he kept 9-5 hours. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2018 10:55 am
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register